Consumer 360Ⓡ Nielsen Interactive Passport Contest (the “Contest”)
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION. NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. See “Contest Eligibility” section below for requirements.
Contest Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal residents of one of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia; who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry; who attend the Nielsen 2016 Consumer 360 Event on June 27-29, 2016 (the “Event”) at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada; and who submit a valid entry (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of The Nielsen Company and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. If any personally identifiable information is provided by Eligible Entrants, it will be used only in accordance with the applicable Terms and Conditions.
By participating, Eligible Entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
1. Contest Period. The Contest will be held during the following periods: June 27, 2016, 2:30pm-5:00pm, June 28, 2016, 7:30am-6:00pm, and June 29, 2016 7:30am- 10:00am. All times Pacific Daylight Time. Entries for Eligible Entrants must be received and recorded by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. The computer of the Sponsor is the official clock for this Contest.
2. How to Enter.
3. Prize Winner Determination Criteria.
During the Contest Period, Eligible Entrants must visit at least one (1) booth in each of the following four (4) Nielsen Interactive product demo categories:
Using the QR Code Scanner in the Consumer 360 App, Eligible Entrants must scan the QR code at each booth visited, and will automatically earn a “Virtual Passport Stamp” for the corresponding category.
Eligible Entrants who collect Virtual Passport Stamps in all four (4) categories will be entered into the Prize drawing.
4. Potential Prize Winner. At the conclusion of the Contest, one Eligible Entrant (“Potential Prize Winner”) will have the chance to win the prize described below, subject to eligibility requirements.
5. Contest Prizes.
The Prize Winner will receive an Apple Store gift card in the amount of $500.
6. Notification of Potential Prize Winners. Sponsor will announce the Prize Winner at 10:00 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 through a lucky draw. The Prize Winner’s name will be posted on the Consumer 360 App, and the Prize Winner will be notified by email. The Prize Winner should claim the prize in person on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at the Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. If the winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s notification by 12:00pm PDT on June 29, the prize will be forfeited and another Prize Winner will be drawn.
The Potential Prize Winner must meet the requirements outlined in the “Eligibility” section and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules in order to be awarded the Prize. Except where prohibited, the Potential Prize Winner must sign and return, within the required time period specified in the notification letter and an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (if applicable) in order to claim the Prize. If the Prize notification letter or any Prize is returned as refused or undeliverable, the corresponding Prize will be forfeited.
7. Substitution of Prizes; Taxes. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No transfer, assignment or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a Prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Any taxes imposed on the income of the Confirmed Prize Winner as a result of winning a Prize and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Confirmed Prize Winner.
8. Terms and Conditions. You are providing your information to the Sponsor. Sponsor will draw the names of the Winners electronically and will contact the individual Winners only by email for contact information so that Sponsor can deliver the Prize. Sponsor will not use your contact information for any other purpose. Eligible Entrants’ personal information will only be used for the purpose of the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to use the Winner’s name, city and state of residence for advertising and publicity purposes regarding the Contest without additional compensation, notice or permission. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED by law. The Contest is subject to applicable laws and regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, duplicate entries, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Any spamming, incessant updating, or lying about check-ins to gain points will void all such entries by such methods. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Eligible Entrants who violate the Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any manner. Any attempt by an Eligible Entrant or individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees and expenses) from any such Eligible Entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay of any type in operations or transmission, or for theft, or for technical, computer, meter, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or failure of the Sponsor to receive entry information for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend, cancel or suspend this Contest and/or select Potential Prize Winners from among all eligible entries prior to the cancellation at any time without notice if any factor interferes with this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules including but not limited to a virus, bugs, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupting the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO FULLY WAIVE, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND SPONSOR’S RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE CONTEST; (B) TECHNICAL OR PRINTING ERRORS; (C) LOST, LATE, POSTAGE-DUE, MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE MAIL OR E-MAIL; (D) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (E) INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ELIGIBLE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. ELIGIBLE ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR EXPENSES.
10. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Eligible Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the State of New York.
11. Results. The Sponsor will maintain a record of the Prize Winner, consisting of the Prize Winner’s first name and last initial, city and state of residence. For the name of the Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope before a postmark date of June 29, 2016 to: The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004 Attn: Global Communications
Sponsor: The Nielsen Company (US), LLC
Note: Apple is not involved in any way with this contest.